Eligibility Criteria for Grants
Applicant organizations must:
- Work in innovative ways to bring about change on a range of Dalit issues such as land reforms, manual scavenging etc.
- have an annual budget not exceeding Rupees 10 lakh [$25,000]
- are led by people – especially women – from the discriminated community
- focus on more than a single sub-caste
- are not associated with any political party
and have not been convicted of any offence
Eligibility Criteria for Fellowships
- Belong to the Dalit community
- not be paid employees or consultants with any organization
- are engaged in their individual capacity as activists or researchers, who have either
- adequate academic qualification or work experience
- not be office bearers of any political party
- not have been convicted of any offence that would adversely affect the credibility of the Foundation.